Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Grabby and pinchy the amazingly tasty lobsters

Got these two little beauties alive and put them in the freezer for about 2 1/2 hours, to put them to sleep, and with a sharp kitchen knife pierce the carapace at the head a little bit further down from the eyes. This is for a instant death you don't want them to suffer. Then with your big pot of water boiling on a high heat place the lobster in, with tongs, making sure it's completely submerged. I usually do a lobster at 3mins per pound of pre boiling water and these were just shy of 1 and a half pounds, just over 600g's, so gave them 5/6 mins to be on the safe side. And with a mixed leaf salad with cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinaigrette dressing and some skin on fries on the side ended up with this

With a nice glass of maison sur le littoral rosé, my fiancé's choice, it was an amazing little meal. If you can't go to a restaurant bring the restaurant to you, I even got shellfish picks and the carapace crackers from bh fish, in a time when we're starting to go a bit stir crazy it nice to get a bit fancy. This company will deliver to your door so no need to break the rules in quarantine and is amazingly fresh from our own areas and I will guarantee if you follows these instructions you will will end up with empty plates like this.

I did make a hollandaise sauce with this. If you'd like recipe for that please let me know.

James Bourner
Apr 15