Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Grabby and pinchy the amazingly tasty lobsters

Got these two little beauties alive and put them in the freezer for about 2 1/2 hours, to put them to sleep, and with a sharp kitchen knife pierce the carapace at the head a little bit further down from the eyes. This is for a instant death you don't want them to suffer. Then with your big pot of water boiling on a high heat place the lobster in, with tongs, making sure it's completely submerged. I usually do a lobster at 3mins per pound of pre boiling water and these were just shy of 1 and a half pounds, just over 600g's, so gave them 5/6 mins to be on the safe side. And with a mixed leaf salad with cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinaigrette dressing and some skin on fries on the side ended up with this

With a nice glass of maison sur le littoral rosé, my fiancé's choice, it was an amazing little meal. If you can't go to a restaurant bring the restaurant to you, I even got shellfish picks and the carapace crackers from bh fish, in a time when we're starting to go a bit stir crazy it nice to get a bit fancy. This company will deliver to your door so no need to break the rules in quarantine and is amazingly fresh from our own areas and I will guarantee if you follows these instructions you will will end up with empty plates like this.

I did make a hollandaise sauce with this. If you'd like recipe for that please let me know.

James Bourner
Apr 15